Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tomato Chutney

Well girls, I have been very busy today.  I made 10 and half bottles of Tomato Chutney, and I must say that I am very happy about it.  Haven't done anything like that in a long while.  My friend started me off, she gave me a taste of the one she had from her neighbour who had also given her the recipe.  My friend shared the recipe with me, and by coincidence, I had lots and lots of tomatoes from my bush which had fruited prolifically this year.  The tomato bush was already planted when we came here, but in the middle of a garden and was taking over my plants, so when it finished fruiting I reefed it out and will re-plant the babies as they come up.  They are Truss Cherry Tomatoes.
I did play with the recipe as we all do I think, but it turned out very tasty and I love it.  If you want the recipe as I made it you will have to wait until I re-write it, if you want the original I will type it up for you. (Same difference really).

 

3 comments:

  1. Good job Elaine, a very productive day indeed...
    how long till you can use the chutney? or is it used straight away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used it straight away. I think the sooner the better. Will have to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out you can keep them for a long time in the 'fridge once you have opened them.

    ReplyDelete