Sunday, November 13, 2011

Slumping

I received an email from Corey's Blog at Little Miss Shabby and she asked the question about being in a Slump.
 http://www.littlemissshabby.com/2011/11/slumping/

I answered here with this rather long comment,


Dear Corey,
I am very familiar with this feeling, in fact I have just emerged out of a slump that lasted nearly 6 months.  I couldn't stand to even go into the craft room sometimes.  I would get something out to do, and stare at it as if it was alien, (which it was at the time).  Absolutely nothing could gain my interest, I was so bad I just read books lots and lots of them.  But a friend of mine said God has a reason for this happening, just wait, trust in Him and accept whatever comes from His hand.  You know, I never did find out why I was in that slump, but I can happily tell you that I am sewing again.  I am making Christmas presents for family and friends.  Have finished 2 aprons, and 2 Tank top dresses and actually have orders for 2 more Tank Top dresses, and an opportunity to serve God by teaching the Sunday School class how to make some earrings or a bracelet to go into a box they have made with mirrored ceramics for their Mums for Christmas.  God is so good.
I have posted one of the Tank Top Dresses I have made, and one of the Aprons, and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute spent on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment