Monday, August 9, 2010

A new day.

I have finished the first border on the Wedding quilt I am making for my daughter.  Now don't get all excited, she has been married for 10 years in September, and has two children.  I started it before she was married, but I was only a newbie and didn't understand what I was doing.  Ten years later, I have a lot figured out, but only with the help of God, He and I did a lot of figuring out, not only the quilt, but my mind, I had a lot of serious stuff going on in there which kept me from doing things.  This year we moved camp to Toogoom, 10 mins north of Hervey Bay and I joined the Craft Group and The Linus Group (which makes quilts for sick kids in hospital), that straightened out my mind a lot, and I also learned a lot about quilts from them also.  This gave me the confidence to have a go again, and in 2 months, I have joined the blocks with 1 inch sashing and have put the 4inch border on.  All there is to do now to finish the top is the next 8inch border, which God willing, I will do tomorrow when I visit my friend.
That is all for now, talk again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment